Top Five Things to Know About Rick Wamsley:
1. Shared the William M. Jennings Trophy as a member of the Montreal Canadiens with Denis Herron in 1981-82.
2. Won a Stanley Cup with the Calgary Flames in 1989.
3. Was part of the 10-player Doug Gilmour trade during the 1991-92 season.
4. Once wore the entire outfit pictured on the card above, including outer pad on his left arm, as an active player in the National Hockey League.
5. Played for both the Hamilton Fincups and, during their only season of existence, the St. Catharine’s Fincups. (NOTE: a Fincup is not a real thing. The Hamilton Spectator tells us that this name is a mixture of the last names of the team owners, Joe Finochio and brothers Ron and Mario Cupido. This is the most important thing to take from this post – a Major Junior hockey team was named after the owners. I need to know if this was an anomaly or if there were more. Don’t worry, I’m on it.)